Getting to Know Your Children Better
As a parent or guardian, you might be wondering why you may need some guidance in getting to know your child. Since you are their caretaker, you may feel that you know them best. In fact, you know their favorite foods, how to tell when they are sad, and when they are happy. However, it is essential to keep in mind that people, including your children, are continually changing and developing. Their preferences, fears, thoughts, and emotions are evolving, and it is essential to know and understand these changes.
To keep your relationship healthy with your child, you will need to have constant and open conversations. These conversations will help encourage your child to develop gratitude, empathy, and confidence.
Furthermore, having these conversations can provide you with insight into areas where your child may need support or guidance.
Remember that though these may be simple questions, you must encourage a more in-depth conversation as a parent. Use these conversation starters during a time when the family can focus on what is being discussed.
Below you will find some conversation starters on different areas of growth:
· What is the one thing about the world that you would change?
· How do you think other people feel when you are nice to them?
· How were you kind today?
· Name someone who you think would get a kindness award.
· Who is the meanest kid you know?
· What feeling makes you feel the most uncomfortable?
· What are some positive thoughts you had today?
· Did you have any negative thoughts today?
· What do you do to change your negative thoughts to positive ones?
· What is something that makes you feel proud?
· What is something that you can teach someone?
· Tell me about the coolest thing you have seen.
· If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
· Describe your dream house.
· What do you want to be when you grow up?
· If you could be a superhero, who would you want to be?
· If you could be any animal, what would you be?
· If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be?
· What do you think is beyond space?
· What is the first thing you remember about mom or dad?
· What is your favorite and least favorite chore?
· What would you like to do more as a family?
It is important as a parent to understand your children and to be able to have open and honest conversations with them. This will remind your children that you care and take an interest in what they have to say, and form a trusting and caring relationship with you and your children.
Tagged: After School Program in Brea, After School Program in Fullerton, After School Program in Placentia, After School Program in Yorba LindaOptimus Learning School is a tutoring center in Brea serving Fullerton, Placentia, and Yorba Linda. Since 2008, we have been helping students from kindergarten through high school achieve their academic goals through our various programs such as our home school, after school program, homework help, and private tutoring. We also offer seasonal programs, such as our popular summer camp and virtual summer camp, as well as many enrichment classes year-round, such as coding, STEM, piano, violin, art, Chinese, and Korean which will help shape creative and well-rounded students. Are you ready to kickstart your child’s education? Send an inquiry form or contact us today!