Picnic Recipes for Kids
Summer is a great time to venture out into the outdoors and a great way to have a family picnic! Here is a list of recipes that kids will love to help make and eat on any summer picnic!
Avocado-Ranch Chicken Wraps
1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup lime juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup ranch salad dressing
6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Transfer chicken to an 8-in. square baking dish.
2. Drizzle with lime juice.
3. Sprinkle with garlic salt and 1/3 cup cilantro; top with onion.
4. Bake, covered for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
5. Cool for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, cheese and remaining cilantro.
7. Chop chicken; add to bowl.
8. Drizzle with ranch dressing; toss to coat.
9. Spoon chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.
10. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close.
PBJ on a Stick
2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
1 cup seedless red or green grapes
1 small banana, sliced
4 wooden skewers (5 to 6 inches)
1. Cut sandwiches into 1-in. squares.
2. Alternately thread grapes, sandwich squares and banana slices onto each skewer.
3. Serve immediately.
It is finally summer and our students are so excited to spend their days at Optimus at our Summer Program. We have lots of classes that our students will take, but one of our students favorites is our cooking classes. For more information about our Summer Program, please visit our website at: OLS Summer Program!
Tagged: Summer Camp in Brea, Piano Lesson in Fullerton, Homework Help in Placentia, Summer Camp in Yorba LindaOptimus Learning School is a tutoring center in Brea serving Fullerton, Placentia, and Yorba Linda. Since 2008, we have been helping students from kindergarten through high school achieve their academic goals through our various programs such as our home school, after school program, homework help, and private tutoring. We also offer seasonal programs such as our popular summer camp. There are many enrichment classes year-round, such as coding, STEM, piano, and art which will help shape creative and well-rounded students. Are you ready to kickstart your child’s education? Send an inquiry form or contact us today!